Interview of a lifetime. Prince n Mel B jus chillin at his pad. Back when his name was still an unpronounceable symbol, and he was a fan of the internet. <3
"sexuality = spirituality"
WHY DIDN’T THEY TEACH YOU ABOUT THIS IN HISTORY CLASS?
The Christian Movement for Life, aka, MOVE
- a pro-green, vegan, anti-technology group
- living in a house in West Philadelphia
- BOMBED by the Philly PD, from the air, on May 13, 1985
- YES, 1985!!!
- the city killed 11 people (5 children), burned down 65 homes in a Black, middle-class, West Philly neighborhood, and caused $50,000,000.00 damage - all to “evict” the group and recover two shotguns
- You know of Mumia Abu-Jamal (3rd photo from bottom) but did you know he was affiliated with MOVE?
- Ramona Africa (2nd photo from bottom) and one child survived
- MOVE leader John Africa was murdered that day
This was not the ONLY time an American city was bombed, btw. The first time, it was ALSO whites bombing Black people. And you want to talk about TERRORISM???
And what else don’t you know about your country and it’s treatment of Black people?
Get to Googling… AND Youtubing…
IVORY @ Fucking Young Magazine
Hair & MU : Christel Man
Styling : Jeroen Kamphorst
Photography Marc Haers
Model : Zélig Joyce Wilson
Our Black History Facts #1
Elijah McCoy (1843–1929) invented an oil-dripping cup for trains.
Fast Fact: Other inventors tried to copy McCoy’s oil-dripping cup. But none of the other cups worked as well as his, so customers started asking for “the real McCoy.” That’s where the expression comes from.
Black Power Nap!